Monday, September 04, 2006

Sofia

I was reading an article about Sofia Coppola. She is referred as "the icon". I think she is cool.

Before, I knew her as the daughter of Francis Coppola. She directed movies like Virgin Suicide, Lost in Translation (one of my favourite movies under the "heavy" catagory) and recent Marie Antoinette.

Besides being a director (the first female nominee ever for Oscar best director), she is also a designer, a photographer and a "muse" (products inspired by her, e.g. Sofiamini). She is an "icon" who people follows. Whatever item picked by her, be it a handbag or a pair of panties, it will become the trend. What impressed me was this: "a New York girl who never boost about how many pairs of Manolo she has and insists to wear flats as she likes. She has such heck care attitude simply because she wore Chanel since 11"

No comments: