Thursday, September 07, 2006

I am not alone...

BBS in the past, internet forum, discussion group nowadays are one of the best creations of the century. People discuss about everything on the net. Anything that is of your interest, there is almost a discussion threat.

My hot topic of coures is GMAT. I am reading latest discussions every night before bed. From the forum, I learn others study strategies and plans. Then I adjust mine a bit accordingly. Peer influence is very important. Reading the discussion encourages me through the painful time (not that I am very hard working, yet I have also sacrefised my "The Apprentice" re-runs on TV)

Here is a quote which enlightened me: -

First and foremost, you have to keep reminding yourself that your GMAT score is a direct function of the time and effort you put into preparation. Sure, you need a fair amount of intelligence.

The more I studied, the more I became convinced of this simple fact -- your score is NOT an intelligence gauge, it is a reflection of how well you have prepared for this specific test, how good you've become at answering GMAT questions. It's quite a narrow study area, and it CAN be mastered.

If you don't already have an 800 score, realize that every hour of preparation will improve your ability to score high on the GMAT.

quoted from Testmagic.com

No comments: