Monday, November 06, 2006

Life-long partner

Can't sleep on Sunday night, what a cliche.

Powered on my computer and surfed the web. In "Friendster", I came across three newly wedded who have published their steaming fresh photos from their banquet. In the same week, I was told about two divorces and met the divorced men (why "divorcee" only describes women?). In both cases, children are affected.

What about me? I felt suffocated when thinking of it. Is marriage a stage of life one must go through? Just like an undergrad degree? (must-have; without one, life is kinda tough) Or an MBA? (good to have, yet also needs to consider the ROI and oppportunity cost of pursuing).

On Saturday, I watched "the Banquet" on DVD at home. The movie presented another extreme of marriage, a tool for power, fame and wealth, nothing related to love.

At the end of the day, is it more important to find someone to marry to, or to find love? I think having ones wedding pictures shot in Italy is nothing to be proud of.

No comments: