Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Today I am busy with both work and my holiday schedule.

The feeling is special about going "back" to Singapore. When I was busy lining up meetings with friends and planning for places to visit, I felt the sense of belonging to the place. Singapore is where I have stayed longest after my home. Also, it is where I have gone through a major change in life, that is learning to be independent. Today, I was talking to some people about Singapore, their response is "boring"... At that moment, I didn't say anything to defend the country. I know, what makes a place fasinating are the people and experiences and it is beyond words.

The return is long planned and is a birthday treat to myself. Although I am adapting better in Taipei, still I miss the heart warming feeling of being pampered by my Singaporean friends. I miss both intelligent discussions and non-sense talks with them, especially sitting at alfresco cafe over coffee and cigarettes (sometimes too hot til sweating).

This is the very first time I get myself an experience as present for birthday. Thanks for all the friends who help to make it work.

No comments: