Sunday, February 28, 2010

1:08:22, avg speed 5:53/Km


At one point, I'd like to challenge 58mins for this 10K. At the end, I finished 10 mins +. Well, after today's run, I realised the weather and the route matters.

Along the Eastern Corridor, there are at least 3 big up slopes and plenty of uneven path. Of course, I should also blame myself for being lazy and not trained enough after New Year.

The feeling of running this 10K is special. I was a bit nervous before the run (unlike the Unicef one so carefree). It reminded me of my swimming days, being a competitive athlete. I enjoyed this feeling.

The run started at 5:15am. The speed was on average 5:10/ km for the first 3K. Afterwards, I felt very hot and wanted to slow down, yet I pushed myself to keep up the rhythm as I know it would harder to pick up if not. I tried to hydrate myself at the water stop at 5K. Feeling better after the turn heading back west. The slopes were really the killers. And I was dehydrated again at about 7K while the next water stop is at 8K.

When I saw the finishing line, I almost teared... as I am done with the challenge... and it was damn tough... The walk between the finishing line and Hun, I was zombie like. And Hun told me, I must be dreaming of still running when I napped at his as my legs were kicking.


20 comments:

Unknown said...

You go girl! Congratulations :-D

Unknown said...

wow

Unknown said...

When I saw the finishing line, I almost teared... as I am done with the challenge... and it was damn tough... The walk between the finishing line and Hun, I was zombie like. And Hun told me, I must be dreaming of still running when I napped at his as my legs were kicking.

Unknown said...

I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas (hike up to get into the momentum)

Unknown said...

My Sharona - The Knack (bring higher)

Unknown said...

Here is how it starts:

Unknown said...

In the late nineteenth century, a fear about the softness of American society raised doubts about the capacity of the United States to carry out its imperial destiny.

Unknown said...

This problem was associated with the final settlement of the frontier.

Unknown said...

As important as the development of open space was to the expansion of the territory of the United States,

Unknown said...

the completion of the continental expansion brought an attendant

Unknown said...

fear that traditional masculinity was on the wane and would bring

Unknown said...

about a withering of the individual and the national body.

Unknown said...

This fear spread to the church as well, where the result was thought to be a moral softening (Miller 2011, p. 38).

Unknown said...

To make matters worse,

Unknown said...

waves of immigrants from Southern and Eastern Europe were flooding American cities with foreign cultures.

Unknown said...

This concern became so pressing that talk of

Unknown said...

"race suicide" became common.

Unknown said...

Here is the url:

Unknown said...

http://michaelperelman.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/foot.pdf

Unknown said...

Any comments or criticism would be welcome.