Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Gift


gift (gft)n.

Something that is bestowed voluntarily and without compensation

Preparing a gift to someone you fond of is enjoyable. First of all, I think of what the person might like or appreciate. Once I have an idea in mind, I would start seaching. Being a perfectionist, I try to visit as many places as possible to look for the best alternative. Somehow, heavy personal taste is involved. After I have got the item, then I would think of how to make it unique or at least special. When everything ready, the next step is wraping. I might chose a bag, a wrapping paper with ribbon, some dry grasses or flowers. Of course, a lot of time is then spent in the process of wrapping. I think of the right time to give (not necessary to be immediate) and the right means of delivery. It could be in person or by courier.

The best part is to witness the reaction of the receiver during unwrapping. It is like heaven even if the person is responding from far away.

No comments: